As you will be aware, the 2016 A-Level results were released on Thursday. I am delighted to share with you the fantastic and record-breaking achievements of the 2016 Bramcote College cohort. The results issued on Thursday saw our students deliver the best-ever results for the College with another year of improvement across the board:
- 44% of all A2 grades were A* to B;
- The average points score per student rose to 735 and the average points per student entry rose to 214;
- A pass-rate of 99.7% - we have only one ‘U’ grade across over 200 entries and this is subject to an appeal as it is one mark off an E grade. Currently all but one A-Level course achieved a 100% pass rate;
- 65% of all Vocational grades were graded Distinction and above and 34% of Vocational grades were graded Distinction*.
How have we achieved another year-on-year increase?
- Ensuring we have all students on the correct pathway (Academic, Vocational or Mixed) to maximise their chances of exceeding their potential;
- A structured Tutor system that means students have a mentor to support their achievement;
- Small class sizes that allow for personalised learning: at Bramcote College you are taught as an individual, not part of a large group;
- On-going support and advice so that you reach your chosen destination – whether it be university or work.
University Destinations 2016
2016 results show that 80% of BRAMCOTE COLLEGE applying for university were accepted by their first-choice destination. We have established excellent links with a variety of Russell Group Universities, as well as a range of great, locally based universities. This year our 2016 cohort gained places at the following universities:
- The University of Nottingham;
- Loughborough University;
- Warwick University
- The University of Birmingham;
- The University of Leeds;
- The University of Manchester;
- The University of Leicester;
- Nottingham Trent University.
Great Jobs too
We know that university isn’t necessarily the only successful route a student can choose after A Levels. At Bramcote College, we always ensure that all students have the advice and support needed to make the best decisions for their future. Recently, our students have achieved coveted apprenticeships with companies such as Experian, Rolls Royce, Boots and many more. In addition to this, a few of our students have gone on to serve in the police and ambulance service as well as the Army, RAF and Royal Navy.
2016 and Beyond
Our aim is to ensure that we continue to ensure that all our students exceed their potential and secure their chosen destination after College. The results over the past few years show the positive impact our small class sizes have in securing great outcomes for our students.
Registration for September 2016
Students that have not yet applied but wish to come to Bramcote College from September 2016 can apply for a place from 9.30am on Thursday 25th August. Interviews will take place on Friday 26th August.
We very much hope that your son / daughter will be joining us in September and we are already looking forward to celebrating even better results with them in 2018.
Head of College