Exam Board OCR
This qualification specifically aims to help students
- • To equip themselves with sound ICT skills for everyday use and provide opportunities to develop in context those desirable, transferable skills such as planning, research and analysis, working with others or communicating technical concepts effectively
- Challenge themselves by introducing them to demanding material and skills; encouraging independence and creativity; providing engaging tasks
- Become independent and discerning users of ICT, able to make informed decisions about its use and aware of its implications for individuals, organisations and society
- Acquire and apply creative and technical skills, knowledge and understanding of ICT in a range of contexts
- Develop ICT-based solutions to solve problems
- Recognise potential risks when using ICT, and develop safe, secure and responsible practice
- Evaluate ICT-based solutions
You will study the following:
- Understanding computer systems (Written exam).
- Using ICT to create business solution (Controlled assessment).
- Creating an interactive product using multimedia components (Controlled assessment).
- Creating digital images (Controlled assessment).
The written exams equate to 25% of your final grade.
The controlled assessments equate to 75% of your final grade.
The course equates to one GCSE qualification.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Progress route to Level 3
At Bramcote College we currently deliver the OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 course. This is a vocational route which involves a significant amount of coursework and independent learning.
For further information, please speak to Mr Siddiqui, Miss Davies, Mr Halilic or Mr Blacow at both sites.