School Uniform & Equipment
We believe it is important that all our students should be of a smart appearance and appropriately dressed for school. Our uniform policy is intended to be simple and economical for parents and is designed to give a clear image for the school.
Students and parents should observe the following:
- All students must wear a Federation blazer. Sleeves should be rolled down at all times.
- School tie.
- Plain white shirt or blouse which buttons up to the collar (this can be long or short-sleeved). Any vest top/t-shirt or bra worn under the shirt must be plain white with no logos. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Plain, black standard school trousers or skirt. (No jeans or cargo-styles with pockets, no trousers which are tight fitting or ‘skinny’). Skirts should be knee-length and appropriate for school with a zip fastening. Pencil skirts or tube skirts containing elastane are not acceptable. Tracksuit bottoms should not be worn under school trousers.
- Black school jumper/cardigan with school logo are optional and may be worn underneath blazers. No other garment should take this place if not worn.
- Low heeled, all black, sensible footwear with no logos or markings (trainers, trainer shoes, plimsolls, pumps and canvas footwear of any kind are not allowed). Open toe or backless footwear should not be worn on the grounds of health and safety and all shoe laces should be tied correctly.
- School socks must be black only.
- Headscarf in school colours.
- One small plain ear-stud or small sleeper in each ear lobe and a wristwatch. No other jewellery or face/body piercings (including tragus) are allowed. *
- Appropriate black, waterproof coat.
- Hoodies, tracksuit type tops and other non-school tops are not allowed in school.
- No caps or hats of any kind can be worn on the school premises.
- Plain black belts can be worn but no fashion belts.
- Make up should be minimal. False eyelashes and drawn-on brows are not acceptable.
- Clear nail varnish only may be worn. False nails of any kind are not acceptable.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted (this includes shaven or partially shaven heads or eyebrows, tram lines or other markings, unnatural hair colours). Shaving grade should be no lower than a 2.
- Mobile phones/smart ‘Apple’ type watches or similar electronic devices should not be seen or heard on the school premises, without specific permission from a member of staff. **
- A school bag that can hold A4 folders and books.
- A pencil case with: pen, pencil, ruler and eraser as a basic minimum.
- The ‘Tattooing of Minors Act 1969’ states that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to have a tattoo. We would therefore request parental support in ensuring that students do not have any tattoos, either visible or not.
*Failure to comply will lead to confiscation in line with school policy. On the first occasion of an item being confiscated, it will be returned to the student at the end of the school day. Should the item be confiscated for a second time it will not be returned to the student; a letter will be sent home requesting the parent/carer comes into school to collect the item from a senior member of staff. Should an item be confiscated for a third time it will only be returned to the student at the end of the school half-term.
White Hills Park Federation PE Kit 2018
No jewellery at all to be worn in any PE lessons.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL STUDENTS SHOULD WEAR PE KIT AND ATTEND THE LESSON EVEN IF THEY ARE EXCUSED DUE TO A MEDICAL ISSUE. THEY WILL BE EXPECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN OTHER WAYS.
Year 7 & 8 Boys & Girls compulsory Items:
- WHP short sleeve training t-shirt
- WHP ¼ zip micro-fleece
- WHP shorts and football socks or WHP tracksuit bottoms or WHP leggings
- Personal sports trainers
Years 9 - 11 compulsory Items:
- WHP plain navy polo shirt
- Plain navy or black tracksuit bottoms or shorts
- Outdoor option – WHP red hoodie or WHP rugby shirt
- Personal sports trainers
For all year groups: recommended Items:
- Football boots, gum shield, shin pads
Please note if any new items of uniform, including PE Kit are required, they will be available from the school uniform suppliers at either www.bigfishschoolwear.co.uk, (where you can log on to create an account by inserting the username ‘Alderman’ and an initial password of AW123) or Morley’s, 116-118 Bramcote Avenue, Beeston Nottingham, NG9 4DR.
Please note that valuables, expensive items and large sums of money should not be brought to school. If you lose something, please enquire at the school office as to whether it has been handed into lost property.
All students should have the following basic items of equipment with them for every lesson:
- a suitable bag (no handbags) in which to carry equipment, planner, books and homework.
- a pencil case containing :
- two or more black or blue ball point pen
- a green ball point pen for self and peer-assessment
- HB pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Coloured pencils/fine felt tips
- 30cm ruler