Temporary Uniform Variation
Considering the pandemic and the associated risk of transmission (as well as consideration of any financial implications that may have affected some families), a temporary variation to the school uniform requirements has been agreed with governors for September 2020.
Although they will return as part of the full school uniform at some point during the academic year, blazers and ties will not be required for September. All other full school uniform expectations remain, although plain black V neck jumpers or cardigans may be worn as an alternative to a V neck jumper or cardigan with the school logo.
Some examples of appropriate plain black school cardigans or jumpers
All other uniform requirements remain the same including PE uniform. Financial support with uniform is available to families who meet the means tested criteria. For children in Year 7, any issues with providing full PE kit at the start of term for financial reasons will be dealt with individually – please contact Ms Friend, Progress Leader if you need to discuss this.
We will review this variation on a half termly basis and give as much notice as possible when we return to our normal uniform policy.
Parents may choose to wash school uniform more frequently at a 60 degree temperature, (or even for children returning home from school to shower, change and wash clothes as an additional protective measure), although this is no longer included in government guidance as infection levels have reduced.
Permanent Uniform Change from September 2020
From September 2020, coats worn to school by students can be any single colour. They must not contain any large lettering or logos and must adhere to the criteria of being a sensible, single colour, weatherproof outdoor coat. No denim or leather jackets, tracksuit tops, hoodies, or fashion jackets please.
School Uniform & Equipment
We believe it is important that all our students should be of a smart appearance and appropriately dressed for school. Our uniform policy is intended to be simple and economical for parents and is designed to give a clear image for the school.
Our school uniform is:
- Alderman White (WHP Trust) School blazer (temporarily optional from September 2020 – to be reviewed ½ termly).
- Alderman White school tie (as above).
- Optional: Black Alderman White school jumper or cardigan with school logo (or a plain black V-neck jumper or cardigan, as a temporary variation from September 2020).
- Plain, black school trousers (trousers must be tailored but not skinny fit or cropped), or a knee length skirt (no tube skirts).
- Plain, white shirt which buttons up to the collar. (Long or Short sleeved).
- Plain, black, sensible (low heeled) shoes. No trainers are to be worn on site, except in PE lessons.
- Headscarves worn for religious or cultural reasons must be black or dark blue.
- Plain black ankle or knee-high socks (no trainer socks), or plain black tights with a skirt.
- A sensible waterproof coat in a single colour with no significant lettering or large logos.
Please note the following:
- No Hoodies, sports tops, leather, denim or fashion jackets are allowed.
- No caps or hats of any kind can be worn in the school building.
- Plain black belts can be worn but no fashion belts.
- No extremes of dress e.g. extreme hair styles, overly tight shirts or skirts, or short skirts.
- No make-up and only clear nail varnish may be worn.
- No jewellery except for one small plain gold ear-stud or small sleeper in each ear lobe and a watch. No nose studs or facial piercings.
Our PE Kit is:
- Short sleeve training T-shirt
- ¼ zip micro fleece
- Shorts & football socks or tracksuit bottoms or Leggings
Recommended Additional Items:
- Gum shield
- Shin pads
- Football Boots
NO JEWELLERY TO BE WORN IN ANY PE LESSONS.
Our uniform and PE kit suppliers:
116-118 Bramcote Avenue, Chilwell, NG9 4DR
Tel: 0115 925 8046
Please see an update here (June 2020) from Morleys, who recommend shopping online rather than visiting store during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
(Appointments still available in store for new starters requiring full uniform)
Big Fish School Wear
Web username: Alderman
Web password: AW123
If you wish to wear items of non-uniform due to any religious or cultural background please contact the school.
Property and Personal Equipment
Students must bring to school every day:
- a pencil case containing several pens (blue/black and green), pencils, a sharpener, rubber and ruler,
- their exercise books
- their student planner, which they will be given at the start of term.
- a reading book
They will also need to bring their P.E. kit and other items specific to particular lessons on the days that they have the lesson. We recommend that they have a sensible school bag which is large enough to contain the above equipment and any exercise and/or text books that are required for homework. We would also encourage students to bring a reusable drink bottle containing water or a squash or juice based drink. Bottles can be refilled at the water fountains at school.
All students must be responsible for their belongings and ensure that basic equipment is brought to every lesson. Lockers will be available to students who require them.
We would encourage parents to pay for lunches on sQuid. If you would prefer to pay in cash, please avoid sending large sums of money into school unless for a specific reason, paying for a trip, although this can be avoided by using the ParentPay system. Any money that is brought in should be stored securely about the person and not left unattended in bags or coat pockets.
The school cannot be responsible for personal equipment, although naturally, we try hard to create a safe environment. Students should not bring in valuables, for example, mobile phones, iPods, iPads, or electric games into school. We cannot be held responsible for any of these items in the event of loss or breakage.
It is very sensible if all possessions are clearly marked with the owner’s name. This makes the task of searching for lost property much easier, particularly with P.E. kit.